01 November 2005

Up to speed...

I thought I'd keep you english speaking friends of mine up to speed.

These last few days have been very difficult. I have to put my dog, Katla, to sleep. She is getting old and I am not allowed to have her here where I live in student housing. Someone complained so I don't have a choice but to. It breaks my heart but it would be selfish of me to keep her somewhere else just so I can see her for a few days for christmas. The doc has already told me I had to prepare myself that it might come to this sooner then later. It is better for her to go when she is loving life than going in much pain. It has been very difficult for me to accept this but I have to. I was going to do it this week but my mom, the one who gave Katla to me, asked me to wait so she could come from the northern part of Iceland and say goodbye to her too. I think it is better for me to. Now I am trying to enjoy having her with me while I can.

She will live in my heart forever and I love her so. She will be going to dogheaven :D the best dog in the entire universe.

No comments: